It certainly is a very distinctive lens.  People tend to either love
it or hate it.

I use mine for getting really close to subjects and using the
distortion creatively.  It doesn't distort the same way a fish does,
as it will keep lines straight.  In that way it can distort more than
a fish does if you are not shooting square and level.

You can see examples of mine here:
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=sigma&w=73908111%40N00

I wouldn't recommend using the lens for landscapes as it is way too
wide in most cases.  Point the lens down too much and your feet will
be in the shot.  Power lines, poles, and other random things are
really easy to include in the shot.

There is also a fairly large group on flickr here:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/sigma10-20/pool/

It also tends to be sharpest at around f/8-f/11, though it does seem
to suffer from a lot of sample variation.  You will see plenty of
distortion even at the sharp apertures at the corners and edges.  It
has a certain radial distortion that is hard to describe, but very
characteristic.

All in all, I like the lens.

--
Aloha Photographer Photoblog