From: Christine Nielsen
My husband snapped this yesterday with his iPhone.  The propeller of
the plane was moving at the time,  but appears still, although very
droopy:

http://inielsen.com//bloggerpics/droopy1.jpg

I'm looking for reassurance that this is some kind of iphone camera
artifact, and not indicative of the air-worthiness of said plane,
which he assures me will be ready to fly "very soon"....

As long as his insurance premiums are up to date, what's the problem?  ;-D

It is an artifact of the capture. Evidently the iPhone scans the image, and the propeller blades moved during the scan. Different parts of the blade were captured in different positions during the scan.

I read about some guy a couple years back who was using a flat-bed scanner in place of the film holder on a 8x10 camera and was generating these kinds of distortion purposefully.