Adam Maas escribió:

I don't know this lens, but it's probably at least as good as the kit
lens, and a lot faster:

Apr 4 - Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 EX DC Macro Lens for Pentax - $325 - (oakland
rockridge / claremont) pic photo/video

It is MUCH better than the kit lens. I've had one for more than two years,
and it is one of my most used lenses. The only advantages of the kit lens
over this Sigma EX are: QSF and (if you care about it) that the Sigma lens
blocks the RTF under 24 mm.

Carlos

It very much depends on the version. There's two versions of the Sigma
and the earlier is no better than the new DA 18-55 II design optically
and arguably worse wide-open. The second is better.

Note these are being replaced by Sigma's 17-50 f2.8 OS HSM.

The one cited in Larry's message, that is the same I have, is the 2nd version, so-called "macro", with a 72 mm. filter screw. Like you say, it is better than the first version which used 67 mm. filters (it vignettes less and has less CA).

Carlos

Carlos