eckinator wrote:

The longer I read what you say and what you link to the more I doubt
my helmet beliefs and choices. I was aware of rotational injuries but
was and am still under the impression that a helmet, preferably one
with at least a chin bar, can also keep your head or parts of it clear
of the edge of a curbstone which I see as the most critical threat
around town. I have yet to find any clear statement on that. For now
my feeling is precisely some is better than none but that may or may
not be true...
Cheers
Ecke

There's only one way to find out.....