>>> Agreed.  I would prefer that ~all~ AF lenses have an AF/MF
>>> clutch,

>> The FA43/1.9 Limited too?

> No, no, Alan. Leave it there <g>. I like the mf feeling of Limited
> lenses.  It is the best of what Pentax has made about mf feel in
> land of AF  lenses. Besides, I don't find AF/MF clutch of FA*
> lenses to be ~that~  good.

Well, I have to say that I have had limited experience with focus
feel in AF lenses (almost every lens I have used is an MF lens).
However, for the few AF lenses I have used, here are my admittedly
subjective thoughts:

1.  AF 35-70/2.8.  No clutch.  Lousy focus feel.

2.  F 50/2.8 Macro.  No clutch.  Miserable focus feel.

3.  FA 43/1.9 Limited.  No clutch.  Disappointing focus feel.

4.  FA* 85/1.4.  With clutch.  Excellent focus feel.

5.  F* 300/4.5.  With clutch.  Very good focus feel.

So, based solely on my limited and subjective AF lens experience, I
~still~ have to say "gimme an AF/MF clutch anytime".

Fred