That seems to do a really nice job...I'd like to see the shot w/o HDR for comparison.

-p

On 4/18/2010 8:22 PM, Bruce Dayton wrote:
This was taken at a local lake.  Even though we were shooting at
early evening, the lighting was too harsh to record the entire scene
well.  Some of you may be aware that the K-x has a built in HDR
function whereby it takes 3 shots to bracket exposure and then merges
them together.  So this shot here was taken that way.  I held it
still on a rock for the exposures.  If anyone is interested, I did
take another shot without HDR - quite a difference.

Pentax K-x, DA*16-50/2.8 @ 16mm
ISO 200, 1/60 sec @ f/10, handheld

http://www.daytonphoto.com/PAW/bkdphoto-00011.htm

Comments welcome