----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Colen"
Subject: what's the best deal on 8G SD cards?

I'd like to pick up a few more SD cards before my trip to Chicago.

It's been about a year since I researched them, and I think that there are much faster ones on the market now, when I picked up some Transcend class 6 cards.

In general, faster is better, but only to the point that the card doesn't outpace the camera.

I don't think it's all about listed speed. Reliability goes a long way here as well. Right now, for me, the best combination of speed and reliability is Sandisk Ultra II which are plenty fast enough for most of what I do.

I do my best to make sure I buy genuine ones, which for me means I go to a retailer I trust and I buy off the shelf. The one and only time I've bought cards off the net (Patriot 8gb Class C from NCIX) is also the only time I've had a card failure.

William Robb