In 2008 (so their printing processes and standards have likely changed some
since then) I edited a Blurb book, mostly my pics, maybe 20% from others.
Subject was a church mission trip. I eventually sold about 40 copies. I offered
it in four styles: softcover, hard cover w/image wrap, hard cover w/ dust
jacket, and hard cover image wrap w/ premium paper. I got one of each as
samples (which I eventually sold at a slight discount.)

So, with that one experience, my assessment is:

a) softcover is ok if you are on a tight budget, but hardcover is way better in
terms of appearance and likely durability.
b) image wrap wins out over dustcover; dustcover is much finer looking
initially and gives the author/editor extra space to describe/introduce the
work. But the image wrap survives handling.
c) premium paper feels heavier, more premium. But I could see no real
difference in image quality.
d) even if I wanted premium paper for the quality feel of it, I would not go
beyond 60 or so pages. The extra bulk of the heavier premium paper is not well
accommodated by the binding style used by Blurb, and the pages just don't turn
and lay as nicely when you get to a 100-120 page book.

YMMV

stan