Thanks Jack. I
'll have to look again in regard to sharpness. I cant see any real difference
in sharpness on a web image, but I did check them at 100%, and I believe that
eye sharpness was identical. Of course, the rear legs of the buck in the second
shot are a bit sharper than in the first, since they're closer to camera, and
at f5.6, the DOF of this lens isn't quite enough to encompass the entire
beastie.
Paul