On 27 April 2010 04:51, David Mann <dm...@bluemoon.net.nz> wrote:
> On Apr 27, 2010, at 5:48 AM, Matthew Hunt wrote:
>
>> http://blogcastfm.com/announcements/warning-massive-number-of-godaddy-wordpress-blogs-hacked-this-weekend/
>
> Someone sent me that link at work this morning and I was going to post it
> here, you beat me to it :)
>
> Apparently its not just Godaddy (so I've heard) but they've had a lot of
> sites hit so it's made it into the news.  Zero-day exploits are never fun and
> I hope they get it fixed soon.
>
> Joomla (another CMS that I use) just released a relatively minor security
> update but it contains bugs so another patch is coming out in the next day or
> so.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

GoDaddy are a very big, affordable hosting service, and they're
WordPress friendly in that you can have WP installed through the
control panel without really knowing anything about it, which is great
for newbies--just a few clicks and you've got a blog up and running. I
managed to move my blog from WordPress.com to my own server in an
afternoon without too much trouble. It's only natural that they have
more WP blogs than other providers (I'm pretty sure that's accurate)
and that they get hit harder.

My website is still up and healthy today, which is cause for
restrained happiness given last week's events.

Cheers,

  --M.

--

    \/\/o/\/\ --> http://WorldOfMiserere.com