On 2010-04-27 9:58, David J Brooks wrote:
Nice. Colours look very rich.

Speaking of that, I had a pleasant surprise earlier this week. I finally go the Home Theater PC (HTPC) bug when I got a great deal on a motherboard and CPU. So I put one together and hooked it up to my LCD TV. When I started browsing my photos using the HTPC and TV, the colors were as good as my expensive IPS LCD monitor on the computer! Far, far, /far/ better than on the inexpensive TFT panels I typically use on my computers (except the one fancy IPS for photo editing).

The TV seems to have a significantly wider palette, much deeper blacks, and general better color fidelity than the common TFT monitor panels.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)