On 4/27/2010 2:41 PM, John Sessoms wrote:
From: Christian Skofteland
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 01:14:40PM -0500, Bob Sullivan wrote:
> Thanks Larry and Dave too!
> I always get Egrets and Herons confused, but this one has the green
> coloring at the eye.
> And Dave, I thought the fall leaves looked a bit more inviting with
> the gentleman walking in.
> Regards, Bob S.

That would be a Great Egret. Your shots of the Reddish Egrets are also
very nice.

All Egrets are Herons (members of the Ardeidae family), but not all
Herons are Egrets.

For the most part, Egrets are white Herons that have a distinctive
mating display plumage. The name comes from the name for the plumage -
"aigrette" in French.

I think that this should be Marked, just as handy reference to a point that has had so many of us confused for so long.