> John Francis wrote:

> Hey, this is the PDML - we were discussing a K-7 replacement before
> the first K-7 shipped to a customer, to fix the "obvious" problems
> with the camera.  Pretty much everybody agreed that there were some
> shortcomings, even if there wasn't quite as much agreement on what
> those deficiencies actually were.

I know <sigh>.

If I remember correctly it goes something like this:

Discussion about why Pentax does not produce a camera fully featured to
match/better rivals.

Pentax announce said camera will be made.

Discussion about huge length of time to launch.

Pentax launch camera.

Discussion on how expensive new camera is.

Price reductions follow.

Discussion on why new camera does not have an aperture simulator and why
Pentax does not produce a fully featured camera to match/better rivals......

Malcolm