IMO, they need to come out with a full spec pro body that at least
competes with a Canon EOS 5D MKII, or even better a Nikon D3X.

I don't understand what the AF issue is technologically.  For one
still being on the screw-drive.  You'd think they could license the
the technology if they couldn't design it.

Possibly it all comes down to a lack of funding?

Tom C.