2010/5/1 Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com>:
> I went for a walk in the woods after work tonight.  Being around sunset it
> was getting dark, especially under the trees and I wished I'd had my monopod
> with me. I was trying to think of a convenient way to carry it, when I
> wasn't using it and think that some sort of a holster on a belt might work.
> Has anyone used something like this:
> http://www.zbattery.com/Maglite-Plain-Leather-Belt-Holster-for-D-Size-Flashlights
> to carry a monopod?

No but I can somewhat see this as being a good idea - I see five-0
using these and the Mags seem to hang sufficiently low. Just make sure
it is thick enough so it doesn't slip out, you are looking at kind of
a big opening. Personally, I have an R-Strap and just leave the
monopod dangling underneath the camera with the ballhead unlocked. It
swings a bit when I walk but doesn't knock my knee, only downside is
the ballhead scratches a bit where the "neck" of the camera plate rub
on the upper edge of the "ball cage" whatever the tech term for that
part is. Kirk has such a contraption on a separate belt but it costs
an arm and a leg. You could also just find a suitable carbine hook and
attach it to the belt loops of your pants.
Cheers
Ecke