I'd answer but I've mostly forgotten.  I think that the full setting
means it will search the whole range while the limited will do either
macro or normal, depending on which range you're in when you tern the
knob.  It's not a matter or degree, you set either full or limited.  I
also seem to remember that the MF setting tightened the mechanism a
bit to make manual focus easier.  I suggest you just try it out and
see what works.

--
Steve Desjardins