On May 3, 2010, at 10:45 , Larry Colen wrote:

I found a Tamron 300/2.8 on CL today for $650. That seems like it might be a pretty good price, depending on the quality of the lens.

I have the Tamron 300/28 in KAF2 mount, with matching tele-converters and I love it. I'll be getting a new Flashpoint Gimbal Head 1 with Quick Release that Supports 15.4 lbs. at which point I'm hoping some of the problems I've had with bird and dog photography may be resolved allowing me to use this lens more often.

Does anyone have any experience with this $240 head compared to the $500 and up competition?

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

There is no off position to the genius switch.
Genius can, however, be observed as insanity.