On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 4:03 PM, Keith Whaley <keit...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>> Try the Leica S2 - then you'll know what unsurpassed means!
>
> Yeah, well, you may be right. I'll never know.
> I was so ignorant of it, I had to Google it! Imagine!
>
> Anyhow, when I saw the price, I froze up and couldn’t move for several
> hours.
>
> I can’t possibly dispute a cost like that, or specs like that.
>
> On the other hand, I haven’t actually LOOKED thru a Leica S2 VF. Perhaps
> some day I might.

A friend of mine had one from the Leica rep to work with for a week,
so I got a chance to play with it for a few minutes. A lovely camera
in every way. It's about the distance from the Earth to the Oort Cloud
above my pay grade ... but at least not as far as Alpha Centauri. An
M9 is much more approachable, that's right around the orbit of the
Moon. ;-)
--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com