Rob Studdert <distudio.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess that you have to consider that using a system like this for
> landscapes a K-x and a nice 70mm would likely provide better results
> than the widest ultra-wide on the largest format camera.

I've used a number of 'real' panoramic cameras for years and it's a
totally different feeling. In principle, one could replace large-format
or almost any kind of camera with a DSLR on a panoramic head with only a
few restrictions, if you're prepared to restrict yourself to static
scenes only. Still, the feeling isn't there.

Things like movement or panoramic street photography are excluded
altogether. And we're not just talking formula 1 race cars, here. Try
doing a sea-side sunset with just the last little bit of the sun's disk
above the horizon in, say, a six-frame panorama. You won't believe how
fast things happen and the light changes in such situations.

Horses for courses.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  DL9KCG  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog   : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com