On Monday night I was photographing a dance and was having a really rough time with exposure. I was shooting in manual mode, I'd take a picture, then the next time I shot, the exposure was way off. Or it would change. It took me a while to realize that I had left the shutter in "bracket".

There is no reason that pressing the shutter once in bracket mode shouldn't take all three exposures.

For that matter, it should be designed so that the mirror doesn't flop and bounce after every exposure. I'm not even sure that it should need to fire the mechanical shutter between each exposure.