Hi John,

Are they really snapshots?  Do you not expend some effort reaching the
locale, getting set up, in the right spot, using a desired focal
length lens, and then set aperture and shutter speed, and compose,
then fine-tune?

If so, then they're not really snapshots, to my way of thinking. While
maybe not what you would consider art, you must certainly have
criteria for judging how successful your shots are, and some you are
no doubt sublimely happy with, while others must be considered
failures, and the range between both ends of the spectrum.

Personally, liking cars and auto racing, I would consider a well
composed, thought out, aesthetically pleasing photo of a race car, a
work of art.

Tom C.