From: Bruce Dayton
Probably great foolishness on my part to submit a PESO amidst all
this discussion of good/bad photos and what is art - I'm guessing
that some will like and some will dislike this...but what the heck.
I have a thick skin - at least in some places...

Pentax K20D, Sigma 100-300/4 EX @ 300mm
ISO 100, 1/250 sec @ f/8

http://www.daytonphoto.com/PAW/bkdphoto_00384.htm

If I were making the image, I think I'd want:

fill on that one flower down in the shadow under the poppy (do I correctly recognize it is a poppy?);

a tiny bit more DoF to smooth the transition into the background;

and I'd try to do something about that one OOF stem that appears in the foreground.