On 18/05/2010, Bob Sullivan <rf.sulli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lovely image Rob.  From amoving ferry?  Impressive!
> Why 2 MP jpegs?  Buffer size in the K-x?
> You'll be giving Boris a run for it with the A50/1.2.

Hi Bob,

Thanks, I use my A50/1.2 quite a lot with the K-x, I have two favoured
"lite" kits, A24/2.8 + A50/1.2 and DA35/2.8 Macro + FA77/1.8LTD. I
hope Boris is enjoying his A50/1.2 as I have enjoyed mine over the
last 20 years+ ;-)

I actually always shoot RAW+ and have the jpg set at 2MP, I find that
I don't need much more and if I do it's always better going back to
the RAW file in any case, the buffer on the K-x has not been even a
slight hindrance to me.

The following link is a crop out of one of the RAW files from the pano
set to show you how much detail would be available should I decide
that the pano deserves further attention.

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~aglcnews/temp/IMGX01743.jpg

On 19/05/2010, eckinator <eckina...@gmail.com> wrote:

> whoa... impressive... I had no idea this could be done at relative ease
> very nice and being from the "Waterkant" myself I am drawn to harbour
> views as it is
> thanks for sharing

Thanks, the technical side is the easy bit especially with the right tools.

On 19/05/2010, P. J. Alling <webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You are a hateful man, I cannot afford another camera at this time.  (Also I
> don't /need/ to try to learn this particular skill).  Who do you work for
> anyway?  Beelzebub?

LOL, I work for whomever wishes to pay appropriately for my skills.

On 19/05/2010, Bruce Dayton <bkday...@daytonphoto.com> wrote:
> Wonderful pano - you have the techniques down pretty well to produce
> even in less than ideal conditions.

Thanks Bruce, it nearly didn't happen, I made one failed attempt,
screwed up the manual exposure somehow, really under then I gave it
another go, spot on. I just wish it were a little better levelled, it
sort of puts me off working further with it, though I could
potentially shoot it again (more leisurely from the docks next time).

On 19/05/2010, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> If I had not read your tech details to begin with, just come at the image
> cold, I would have thought I'd finally found an HDR done right.
>
> VERY well lit. Well done.

Glad you appreciated the shot, that's what it's all about, thanks.

On 19/05/2010, Christian Skofteland <pterali...@aim.com> wrote:
> Nice pano (as usual), Rob.  The exposure is perfect (as usual).  You can
> clearly see the Harbour View
> Hotel where The wife, Alex and I stayed in 2003 when we met you for dinner
> the first time.

Thanks Christian, if you checked the 1:1 crop up this reply a little
you'll see the amount of detail captured, it's quite impressive for a
crappy little Pentax camera ;-)

Guess it's my turn soon, we've met on my turf three times I think?

Cheers and thanks for taking the time to voice your opinions.

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours