On 21 May 2010 05:23, eckinator <eckina...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wouldn't it be enough to just click first reply and then edit subject?

I don't believe so.  Gmail will add headers to any reply within a
thread, that will lock it into the thread even if you edit the subject
field.  The way I describe will give you a completely virginal message
suitable to begin a new thread, as has occurred in this example.
regards, Anthony

   "Of what use is lens and light
    to those who lack in mind and sight"
                                               (Anon)