From: paul stenquist
.
.My inclination would be a bluetooth device that you could clip
to the baby seat, and a program that would run on your cell
phone, or a dedicated device) that would .alert when the sensor
got out of range.  Likewise, it could alert if the temperature
got too high, or too low.

LIke Ken said, it won't happen without regulation. NASA has tried to
get someone to license their device for a number of years now. The
numbers aren't large enough to interest investors. I've never been a
fan of mandated safety, but I think I can support this.

It was government regulation that made child safety seats mandatory, and it was government regulation that set standards for those child safety seats.

Seems to me like those child safety seat regulations need to be updated to mandate some kind of warning system built into the seat.