You'll get a lot of opinions on the manual-focus question. I don't recall
offhand whether your model will give a Beep indication when a manual-focus lens
is "in focus", but in any case what really matters is what you see, not what
the camera's automation is telling you. This is very much dependent on your
eyesight, whether or not you wear glasses, how dim the light is and whether you
have a fast lens or a slow one. E.g., focusing a lens at f/5.6 will be much
harder than one at f/1.4 because of the light-transmission differences. And
then different models have different viewfinders with different characteristics
that some swear at and others swear by. But I think many if not all of the
mechanical and optical issues can be overcome with practice.

stan