Check out this thread i started on "Naturescapes" a while back about house
sparrows:

http://www.naturescapes.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=100009&hilit=house+sparrow+bluebird

which has a link to this NPR (national public radio) story:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9963159

Christian

--

Christian