On Jul 4, 2010, at 6:13 PM, John Celio wrote:

> My bicycle, which was my only mode of transportation, was stolen this
> morning.  It was locked up in front of my condo and they cut the locks like
> they were made of celery.  This completely ruined my 4th of July, but more
> importantly it's a whole lot of money that suddenly needs to be spent to get
> back to where I was.  Money I don't have.  My bike was practically brand new
> (maybe two months old?) and I'd put a bunch of accessories on it, and now I
> have nothing.

Ouch. Major suckage!

I've read that bike thefts are a major secondary effect of the meth epidemic.
I'd never leave a bike visibly parked outside for any length of time.  Bolt
cutters aren't expensive and make short work of locks.

I'm still hurting from one night where it seems I neglected to lock my garage
door, it probably got blown open a bit and a bunch of my snap-on combination
wrenches were stolen.