Gosh, that's terrific, Bob. I love the photo and the story. Bob, I've looked at your other galleries and they're great. I enjoyed seeing the lush scenery. Must have been some trip. Thanks for sharing and glad you had a great time. Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob W" <p...@web-options.com>
To: "'Pentax-Discuss Mail List'" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 03, 2010 5:26 PM
Subject: Causse celeb

M. Christian Avesque is the last paid shepherd on the Causse Mejean. He is
the subject of a recently-published book called Un Dernier Berger, which I
bought as a souvenir of my trip to the causse: <
http://www.amazon.fr/Un-dernier-berger-Renaud-Dengreville/dp/2812600403 >.
It's a beautiful book with superb photos which really capture the place -
worth having a look at if you ever get the chance.

I saw M. Avesque when I cycled on to the causse to visit the herd of
Przewalski's horses that they have up there, but he was talking to a group
of other tourists so I didn't want to stop and bother him a second time, and
only took this snap and one or two variants. Interesting chap though,
according to the book. Apart from an engineering course in a nearby town,
and a spell in Algeria on military service during the war there, he seems to
have been up there with his (or rather, not his) sheep all his life.

< http://www.web-options.com/Berger.jpg >

Bob