Incidentally, just to prove how incredibly useful it is to know a foreign
language, and how much insight it gives you into a different culture, this
pun (the poodle in the bow tie):

< http://www.web-options.com/Causse/content/_6236762_large.html>

is just as bad in English as it is in French! In English it would be
something like "I knot think of anyone but you".

2,000 years of civilisation. Montaigne, Madame de Lafayette, Corneille,
Racine, Moliere, La Bruyere, Voltaire, Choderlos de la Clos, Diderot,
Rousseau, Stendhal, Rimbaud, Flaubert, Camus, Ionesco, Sartre, de Beauvoir,
Yourcenaar, Duras, Rambaud, Cantona - all these were mere preparation for
"Je noeud pense qu'a toi"