> > If not, organizing your files is fairly simple, since your camera
> will number them sequentially. All you really have to do is arrange
> them in folders with key word descriptions.
>
> My inclination would be to view the images, select those I want to
> keep, assign names when appropriate, and then file them in folders with
> names that have meaning to me, e.g., associated with the occasion
> around which the images were created. Sounds like that might not be
> advised?

You can use Lightroom to organise the files by collection within its
catalogue; photographs are not limited to being in one collection. You can
also use keywords and various metadata to search and to set up 'smart'
collections, which are essentially named searches.

Because LR can do all of this, I don't do any organisation of the files
outside of LR. I import all the photographs into the same folder on disk,
and use the camera-assigned name for the file. I see no point in organising
them outside LR in parallel with LR. Other people take a different view and
have their own organisation on disk, and various strategies are recommended
by the authors of LR books.