On Jul 13, 2010, at 3:19 PM, Eric Weir wrote:

> On Jul 13, 2010, at 3:12 PM, paul stenquist wrote:
>
>> If your volume of work is going to be moderate, you can get a good start on
>> things with Elements, providing its recent enough to allow for conversion of
>> your camera's RAW files. (I'm guessing from your previous messages that you
>> already have that software.)
>
> Thanks, Paul. Most likely, that's me. [1] Does Elements have basic file
> management capabilities? [Better than IPhoto?] [2] If go ahead and start
> using Elements, since I have it, will I be able to access the original
> unedited image and the work I've done on it from Lightroom?

I'm not sure if Elements has file management capability. Newer versions may
come with Bridge, which is Adobe's across-the-board file manager.. Perhaps
someone else here can answer. If not, organizing your files is fairly simple,
since your camera will number them sequentially. All you really have to do is
arrange them in folders with key word descriptions.

Yes, you can access any edited or unedited file from Lightroom.

Paul