To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 8:47 PM
Subject: Help ... advice on m42 extension tubes

Hi all

I was perusing the pentax forum marketplace and saw an add for pentax
m42 extension tubes for $15.
They seem to include 12, 20, 36mm.

Here's a photo:
http://bkr.smugmug.com/Other/PhotoGear/11652557_WLPQY#821679568_6HGn4-A-LB

I am clueluess about extension tubes but have heard plenty of people
say they use them for doing macro work.
I'd like to have the ability to play around and do some macro stuff.
Is this an appropriate set?  Good price?  Are there limitations I
should be aware of?

I'll be mounting them to my k-x via the pentax m42 adapter.  Someday
maybe I'll mount them to a spotmatic.
Would I be way better off getting a set up k-mount tubes?

Thanks!
Sam