Tue Jul 20 18:40:53 CDT 2010
Doug Brewer wrote:

> Larry Colen wrote:
> > In LR2, I would set up a filter on a directory, i.e. all files >=4 stars.
> > If I left that directory and came back, that's what would be displayed.
> >
> > In LR3, I can set up that filter, but if I leave the directory and come
> > back, it will display everything, until I click on the faded out >=4 stars
> > at the bottom of the grid.  I'd like to go back to the way it was, but I
> > can't figure out how.
> >
> > I also can't RTFM because there is no FM and the help button approaches
> > Apple levels of usefulness.
> >

> Guess you need to lock the filter. Click on the lock under where it says
> Develop.

That "pad lock" is available when you in "Library" mode and multiple
photo (matrix) viewing.

It's a new (IMHO very inconvenient behavior).
I've reported it shortly after LR3 came out as a bug, but it turns
out to be a feature.

They describe how to deal with it in this thread:
http://forums.adobe.com/message/2901664

And in this one, you can read why and what from various opinionated users:
http://forums.adobe.com/message/2895035#2895035

Igor