On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 09:46:24PM -0700, gldnbearz wrote:
> I got mine approx 2 weeks ago. Still getting used to it, but the size
> is definitely in its favor.  I like being able to zoom manually
> instead of electronically.  There are days when I reached for a
> zoom/tele button like a digi P&S b/c that's what the form feels like
> in my hand. In-body IS is what made me choose this over the Panasonic
> version, as well as the Olympus lenses being smaller.  Also sensor
> being larger than that in a P&S (i.e., Canon G10 which I didn't
> "connect" with) is another good thing.

That's pretty much my thinking, too. Thanks for checking it for me :-)

I've taken a look at the sample image gallery on dpreview, and it
looks pretty good. Many of the images there are taken with the 14-42
lens (which is what my wife would want), and even pixel-peeping shows
no show-stopper flaws.  Performance at ISO 1600 looks fine, too (the
last image in the gallery, at ISO 1600, may be of particular interest
to a Pentax list).