Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

The E-PL1 is a pretty darn good camera. The Olympus optional EVF is a
nicer viewfinder than the Panasonic optional EVF for the GF1. To me
that makes the difference between them, although there are some
aspects of the GF1 controls and layout I find more to my liking.
However, between these two, the Olympus viewfinder trumps those minor
inconveniences.

Having used the 5D MkII + EF 24-70mm f/2.8 USM L zoom lens for a while, I find the reverse operation of the Canon zoom rings rather odd: when you try "opening" the scene by turning counterclockwise, you end up zooming in on the subject, when you want to zoom in, you get a wider framing! The same happens with Olympus 4/3 & m4/3 lenses. I believe the "correct" zoom rotation of the Panasonic lenses will be enough a reason for me for choosing Panasonic instead of Olympus. Yes, the only two players of the 4/3 m4/3 standard didn't standardize the zoom ring rotation!

BTW, the EF f/2.8 24-70mm USM L is quite a dog of a lens, mainly due to its heavy field curvature. It features good flare resistance and nice bokeh though.

Dario