On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 11:23 -0400, "Daniel J. Matyola"
<danmaty...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That is one ugly bird!
>
> Nice shot, but ugly bird nevertheless.

Well, I've got to stick up for these guys. They're a bit ordinary in
appearance but 'ugly'?  No way!!

I've got a bit of grudging respect for them - they're not especially big
but are very game and will see off much larger birds in their territory.
 They also aren't shy about dive bombing anything else that they see as
threats - cats and dogs and the occasional human (as Rob found out).

The problem is that they tend to dominate an area so that very few other
species get a chance.

Excellent photo, Rob.

Cheers

Brian