No biggie. I'd find other venues/events/people to photograph.

If they want to PAY me to take the photos as "work for hire", I'd charge them both a day rate and a fee for releasing the copyright to them.

From: Igor Roshchin
You may remember me posting an ugly copyright release form from
one of the swing-dance events last year:
http://www.mail-archive.com/pdml@pdml.net/msg509934.html

(It was noted then that there is a similar rule Burning Man - but
at least there is a reasonable motivation there, and as far as I know
from a friend-photographer who published a book with photos from
there, - he didn't have much problems with the organizers while
he was obtaining releases for publishing the book.)

I just read a couple of similar awful copyright-claiming releases.
The first one is for the music band "Gogol Bordello" for their
concert in Moscow this week.

All accredited photographers were asked to sign this release (I pasted it below). At the same time there was no control over P&S's, DSLRs and other
cameras in the audience.
A rather weird part is that the release form was actually offered in
English, - they didn't even bother to translate it into Russian.
( from here: http://mbravo.livejournal.com/519249.html#cutid1 )
It just shows that some people are just stupid, greedy, or both.

The second weird copyright release form was offered at a concert of Mark Knopfler (the musician who is, among other things, is a co-founder and a lead guitar/vocals of Dire Straits):

http://agaspher.livejournal.com/230974.html