What I was saying was not so much a series of statements leading to a
conclusion as a summary of my use and insight into using scanners.
Information, discussion perhaps, not really argument in this literal
sense.

Argument, when used in the context of talking about a discussion,
nearly always connotates some element of debate or persuasion. You
didn't have to mean to imply that, it's the common use of the word
that does. That's why it seemed odd to refer to my statements as my
'argument': I wasn't providing points of logic leading to a conclusion
or debating against some hypothesis I disagreed with.

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com