On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 2:32 AM, Boris Liberman <bori...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/31/2010 11:45 AM, Bob W wrote:
>>
>> Airbuses (Airbi?) always look as if they're about to fall out of the sky.
>
> Either NatGeo or Disco(very) indicated that A380 was probably the largest
> passenger jet speaking bipedal apes can build given their current state of
> development...
>
> Boris

They'd be wrong, it's entirely possible to build a larger one, see the
AN-224 for just how large an aircraft we can build.

The primary limitations on airliner size are infrastructure and
economics. Anything larger than the A380 can't fit into airport gates
(the A380 already can't fit into many gates) and the A380 pretty much
tops out the viable capacity for a single flight, there's just not
enough routes which need that much capacity and almost none which are
viable with a larger, more expensive aircraft.

-Adam