On Aug 12, 2010, at 9:32 AM, Charles Robinson wrote:

On Aug 12, 2010, at 2:14, eckinator wrote:

2010/8/12 Rick Womer <rwomer1...@yahoo.com>:

Is it set to anti-red-eye-flash mode?

You mean eyes-inevitably-shut mode?
Even P-TTL gives me lots of closed eyes unless I bounce or diffuse it.

My trick is to do trailing-curtain flash with the shutter speed at something like 1/15. The pre-flash and the real flash are so far apart at that point that *most* people are done blinking.

-Charles

The best "trick" is to never, ever use the pop up flash for anything.
Paul
--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com
Minneapolis, MN