> WHY does someone have to do it?

Since you asked...
Perhaps it is because they take being a follower of Jesus seriously:
"Jesus told his followers to “make disciples of people of all the
nations,” and he set the example by “journeying from city to city and
from village to village, preaching and declaring the good news of the
kingdom of God.” The apostle Paul taught in public places, in the
marketplace, and from house to house. We follow their example. Other
religions have acknowledged the Christian obligation to preach in
public places and from house to house, although this is often left to
a limited group of missionaries or clergy to fulfill.—Matthew 24:14;
28:19, 20; Luke 8:1; Acts 20:20."
- Source: http://www.jw-media.org/aboutjw/article43.htm

One might wonder what people is identified with actually doing that
today (worldwide). That the identification is so simple that there is
no debate about the central subjects of this photograph may provide
you with the answer.

On topic: Nice shot! I particularly like the distribution of the
people in the frame and that you chose B&W for this image.

Darren Addy
Kearney, NE