frank theriault wrote:
I'm rather obsessed with these little guys, but they're rather hard to
get.  Small, quick, they let me get ~almost~ close enough to shoot
with 200mm, then take off.  In several months, this is about the best
I've gotten:

http://knarfdummyblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/american-goldfinch.html

I need longer glass, because this just isn't sharp enough (heavily
cropped).  I never thought I'd hear myself say it, but I need more
mm's.  300, 600, whatever.  First I need more money.  To get that I
need a better job.

I'm getting sucked into the vortex, the black hole.

AAAAaaaarrrggghhh!

Hope you enjoy.  Comments welcome.

Better than any goldfinch shots I've managed. Small, shy, fast. I've simply decided that birds ain't for me.

And they know it too. Two chickadees spent 5 minutes bouncing around all the coneflowers in my backyard the other day, within a few feet of where my wife and were eating lunch. She kept saying, "go get your camera!" But I wasn't going to be fooled that easily. Those birds were just toying with me :)

-bmw