Dnia 1-02-2002 o godz. 20:41 alex napisał(a):
> 1 : I see that in automatic mode, speed can be set to lower
than 2 seconds,
> but how can i set it so in manual mode, without using B
setting ? I ask
> this because my MZ-50 can do it.

Now that's the one thing I don't like in the MZ-5n. The answer
is: you can't:( Neither in the M, nor in the Tv mode... I know
your pain, since I had an MZ-7 (actually, I still have it but
the MZ-5n became my primary body), that let me set anything from
1/2000 to 30 sec. in any mode.

> 2 : What combinations aperture/speed does the Program mode use
for each EV
>value ? My manual does not say it, while the MZ-50 gives it.

No idea so far...

> 3 : What do you use the weighted center meter for ?

Mostly if you were accustomed to this kind of metering or
disliked the matrix metering for one reason or another... IMHO
it's good to know the c/w metering in case of mounting older
lenses on your camera. The metering in the MZ-50 is very much
like the c/w one - it's a matrix, but with only 2 segments...

>4 : How does the predictive autofocus work ? (Ie exactly when
does it go
>into action ? (I now it must some motion speed, but how exacly
is that
>calculated and through what sensors ?)

Don't know...

> 5 : Do you have a trick to use the Snap-in focus feature with
an FA lens ?

I don't and AFAIK this feature is only possible with manual
focus lenses and a cable release

> 6 : What are the ponderation that the multizone metering
system uses and
> where are the zones that are measured ?

Your manual should contain the pattern of the matrix segments. A
complete list of the ponderation you mentioned knows the Asahi
Opt. Co., I guess:) The camera should recognize backlight scenes
and bright skies for example and compensate for them. It doesn't
compensate for the scenes that have large bright or dark areas -
it acts in accordance with the 18% gray rule. Therefore the
exposure compensation is necessary in such cases. In case of
doubts - bracket the exposure. Fortunately you get the easy-to-
use AutoBracketing feature with the MZ-5n...

> 7 : Is there a way to prevent the camera to rewind completely
in order to
> have some film hanging out ?

You have to watch the frame counter while rewinding. As soon as
it reaches 0, open the camera back. Alternatively you may want
to use a special puller...

> 8 : In the same spirit, is there a way to rewind the film by
only one
> frame, to do multiple expositions ?

Nope. The only way of doing it, that came to my mind, was to
rewind the film completely, leaving or pulling the film leader
out and then winding it to the desired frame. However there's a
great risk of misplacing the consecutive frames.

> 9 : What do you use the 100 flash speed setting for, since it
seems any
> lower speed is OK ?

1/100 is the top sync speed. It isn't VERY fast after all... but
allows to freeze some faster movement. However, I usually use
the shutter speed between the 1/30 and 1/60, in order to gather
more ambient light...

> 10 : Where can i find a cheap replacement for the eyepiece
cover and flash
> holder cover ? The previous owner seems to have lost them.
BTW, how not
> using the eyepiece cover can result in a bad exposition ?

In a bright day it can affect the exposune a lot, especially
with the sun behind the camera. No problem in the night...

> 11 : The back of the camera is not totally rigid, i.e. when i
push on the
> upper part, it makes some noise, like the noise you get when
you press a
> metallic bottle cover. (See what i mean ?) Is that a problem ?
I do not get
> that on my MZ-50.

It could be a problem. Perhaps you should have the camera
examined by some authorized service... You wouldn't like your
camera suddenly opened while shooting, would you?

> 12 : How resistant have you found your camera to humidity and
dust ? More
> generally, what should i avoid doing with it ?

Taking a shower with it - that's for sure:) The camera isn't
sealed in any way. As long as you use it in the way you did with
your MZ-50, everything should be OK.

> Of course, i do not expect any of you to answer ALL the
questions, but
> could you keep them all in your answers so that somebody who
catches the
> thread latter can answer ?

Sure:)
HIH