-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Steve Larson
Sent: 02 February 2002 13:22
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Ultra telephoto lenses

Hi Malcolm,
 Check out Boz`s site at:
http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/
 I can vouch for the SMC Takumar 1000/8, it is a great lens. I use it on the
LX and Spotmatics (with adapter). I got mine off of ebay for about $1200
(would have been around $900 if JCO didn`t drive up the price ;), had to
get that dig in.) The 1000/8`s are all manual diaphragm, so it really isn`t
too
big a factor in getting the K-mount or M42. The one I have was supposedly
used by a police department for surveillance.
Steve Larson
Redondo Beach, California
P.S., You have the same moniker as my childhood idol who rode a Husqvarna
400, just like I had.