Here you go, Brian - Funnel Cakes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Lv3vgmfRw&NR=1

-p

On 8/24/2010 6:22 AM, Brian Walters wrote:
On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 23:40 -0500, "Stan Halpin"
<s...@stans-photography.info>  wrote:
I just put together a quick gallery from shots taken the last two days.

http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p228893311

Background: Parkville Missouri is a small town near me, in the shadow of
Kansas City. The powers-that-be in the town have long been aggressive in
promoting the town, and there are at least four festivals each year: 4th
of July, Parkville Days, Oktoberfest, and Christmas on the River. July
4th and Christmas on the River involve fireworks, all except the
Christmas on the River involve a carnival plus a number of vendors and
organizations doing their thing. Our church had a tent and I spent some
time there this weekend, but also much time wandering and watching and
shooting. The site is a park on the banks of the MIssouri river. Click
the link for a taste of a hot summer's weekend in a small town in
America's heartland . . .

stan

A really nice documentary and an interesting insight to American
colloquialisms.  I can work out what 'Texas Tater's might be and I could
even have a stab at 'Corn Dogs'.  But 'Funnel Cakes'??

This one made me grin:

http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p228893311/h2cdd1f9d#h2afd7a17

Cheers

Brian