Yeah, I know. The Jesse James Farm, a major local tourist attraction, is only a
few miles from me. Dodge City Kansas, storied locale of exploits by Bat
Masterson, Wyatt Earp, and others is not that far west of here. During the
period when my current house was built (1830's) and for some time later, this
region was on the very fringes of "civilization". But I grew up on films mostly
shot in the Bisbee/Tombstone/Tucson area of Arizona and I can't shake that
image of what the "real" wild west was like.

stan