2010/8/24 Ken Waller <kwal...@peoplepc.com>:
> Similarly,
> While sitting in my car on the shore of West Bay in Traverse City, Michigan
> (actually a contiguous body of water with Lake Michigan) I over heard the
> conversation from the car along side - one blue haired lady was asking the
> other if the body of water before them was salt water or fresh!!!!!!! The
> car had Michigan License plates BTW !

LOL...
However, nothing beats Joe Hughes from Queens, NY whom I met in
Avignon, France, i.e. he had already gotten as far as Europe. Met him
at a bar and we got talking and he asked me where I was from and when
I said Germany and confirmed the Oh, really? he asked me in all
seriousness: "do you know Frank?" I asked back just to be sure and he
stuck by his question, too =)

But this is not to say you won't find Germans who wouldn't without a
doubt in the world bring skis to Canada in July...

--
Cheers
Ecke