I'm just back from three weeks overseas. Departing Albuquerque airport
on January 13, I asked for a hand inspection of my film, as I usually do
at U.S. airports. Result: they opened and wiped every cannister, then
tested each wipe on the sniffing machine (the one they use for portable
computers). Then they also made me remove my shoes, and wiped and tested
those. As each wipe takes a few seconds, this is time consuming for the
quantity of film I had with me.

Guess I won't ask for hand inspection anymore.

Joe