On Saturday, February 2, 2002, at 08:38  PM, Kenneth Waller wrote:

> Had exactly the same experience recently at Detroit Metro airport with
> 20
> rolls that I had  requested be hand inspection. The rolls were out of
> the
> plastic containers and in one large zip lock bag. I travel alot and
> never
> ask for hand inspection, but thought with the heightened security they
> might
> have increased the power with the carry on baggage scanner. They had
> removed
> the sign that had stated scanning was safe on film.

Yep, this happened to me at LaGuardia at Christmas.  They wanted to run
all my Delta 3200 through the X-ray.  I asked if it would be enough if I
opened all of the foil wrappers for them (it was 120).  Finally, after
some haggling, they agreed, and swabbed about half of them before they
got tired of it and let me through.  They checked Vanessa's shoes, but
not mine, and one of the metal detector guys noticed our Leafs jerseys
(as we were on our way to NC to see the Leafs vs. the Hurricanes) and
kept whispering "Go Devils!" whenever we weren't looking.

-Aaron